Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sign, Sign, Everywhere a Sign....

It is really truly amazing to me how when you make a decision bout something so important that there are times when visual signs show up in your face constantly.When we moved to Tucson, very rarely did I ever see anything that pointed to Navy. Occasionally, you would see a bumper sticker of a retired Sailor, but it just wasn't something we noticed. Slowly everyday since we've started this process, we have come in contact of something pointing to the Navy. Our first one was when we went to the mall to walk and talk about our options regarding taking on this new adventure. When we left we got into the car and the car in front of us had a NAVY License plate on the front of their car. A few days later, I was at Target and an elderly man was sitting in a scooter in line in front of me, and I looked down to see that he had a Navy Bumper Sticker on the back of his chair and a retired Vet's hat on his head. It kept happening, constantly. We would go somewhere or come into contact with something that had Navy incorporated in it. Today, I went to go print some coupons for Eat Better America, I was required to login to my account, and well, it had been a very long time since I had done this. So I had to request a password. I check my Email and the password they assigned me was, NAVY....(plus a few numbers)!! Seriously? How crazy is that??

Maybe it's just because we weren't conscious of it before, so we always missed it in front of our face. You know, how you never noticed a particular kind of car before, and now that you are aware of it you notice every single one?  Or Maybe, just maybe it's a real true sign that we are on the right path. Just maybe it's a reminder to keep striving for that goal. I'm gonna chose to believe it's a sign that we are off in the right direction for us!

2 comments:

3HappyHippies said...

Some of it may have to do with the fact it is on your mind so you notice but I think Im gonna have to agree and say this is just more confirmation that this was the right thing to do. You will have a secure and happy life in the military.

Unknown said...

On the path to long happiness !
So happy for you guys and know you are headed in the right direction.

Hugs and love! :)