Tuesday, September 21, 2010

In the Navy....

We are an official Navy Family now! We dropped D off at the Recruiter's office on Sunday and he made it safe and sound to Illinois last night. He's been officially signed, sworn in and they now own his butt! I was fortunate to have contact with him most of yesterday, and even got to talk to him for a few before he flew out. We even were able to exchange a few texts before he caught the bus to the base. I received a phone call from him around 9pm Tucson Time, it lasted maybe 40 sec, "I made is safe, a box with my stuff will arrive in a few days, I will call again in 2-3wks, I love you, bye!" AND So it begins!

It's gonna be a little weird not talking to him for so long. I know he will do great. I'm so proud of him! I'm gonna work hard to keep A and I on a solid routine to help make the time go by faster. It's gonna be tight money wise and it's gonna be a much longer time til we see each other again than anticipated. We learned Sunday that since they pushed his ship date back, we won't get our first paycheck on the first, but will have to wait til the 15th. This is going to have a huge impact on us, but we will do the best to make it through. At least I have enough money saved up to pay rent. But it will almost wipe me out. We were hoping to be able to pay half the rent with his first check. We also learned that instead of getting to briefly see him after basic in 9 wks, we won't get to see him again until after his A school. Which will be more like 25 wks. We were not prepared for that, but Hey, thats the life we signed up for so we better adjust and get used to it now!!

I'll leave you with some pics of us before he caught the shuttle...I must go get ready for work!
A taking a pic of herself...
Our family

Daddy and A
D and I, pic taken by A

1 comment:

3HappyHippies said...

Welcome aboard (hahaha that was funny)! I love reading MIL blogs so this is awesome. I am surprised that it will be such a long time until you see him again. Can you not go to his basic graduation? I thought that was a cool thing or maybe thats Tech school (ie A school it seems to be called in the Navy). Will you and A got to that? How exciting. Keep your head up and you will do fine. As for the money, I know you have a good grasp of fincances so I know you will make it work. It WILL get easier.