Sunday, September 19, 2010

Today is the big day...

D leaves today. Well, He heads up to MEPS in Phoenix, and flies to Illinois tomorrow. We are going to see him off at the recruiter's office at 115pm today. We've been spending the morning together around the apt, watched a movie and had a breakfast of Donuts and Coffee. He's been playing with A and reading her stories. It seems so surreal that we have finally made it to this day. Life as we know it will never be the same again!

Yesterday A decided that she must get her ears pierced, right then! She said she had to do it right away or she would change her mind! She will be 7 in December and we had agreed when she was born that when she was could speak up and say she wanted them, than we would take her. We would get a lot of crap from family members for not just taking her in and doing it. But we wanted her to have a choice. So we took her, and she was so brave, didn't cry or freak out. I, on the other hand, shed a tear cause my baby girl was so grown up! I was also very happy that her daddy got to be there and be part of that. I think it meant a lot to him too.

So today it starts...our new adventure....We have no idea when he will be home again...if he will be here for our bdays and holidays, or if he will stay there during that time. It's all a little scary, but I know we will survive and it will be all worth it! I am so proud of my husband, I think it takes some balls to do what he is doing at his age, to bring security and support to his family, to support and defend his country, to become a hero!

1 comment:

3HappyHippies said...

I am beyond proud of all of you. This is a major change but one that will be great for the whole family. I hope you are able to stay in contact often and that A adjust well. Stay busy. Enjoy having the car to yourself. There are many up sides to having them away to. I say this now although earlier when I couldnt find something I wanted to strangle J and the miltary!