Thursday, September 16, 2010

It's always something...

So D was all set to leave on Tuesday. Ready to move on to the next step. Then he gets the call from his recruiter, he can't leave yet, they are missing paperwork in his file. I guess they need his High School Transcripts for HM Corpsman, and they didn't have them. So now he's not leaving Til Sunday. They had to go get the Recruiter in WA and a Recruiter in TX to run to his old HS's and gather them and than overnight them so he can leave. BOY!! LOL!! Nothing is ever easy with the Military, this is something we have always known! We are so ready to move onto the next step. Poor D has been bored all day sitting at home by himself while our daughter A is at school and I have been working at my new job. He has however been truly amazing by picking up all of my chores around the house and completing them. I love him! He is amazing! It makes me realize how much I will really miss him now that I am working too, cause It will be all me doing everything. Not that I haven't done that before, but he has always been helpful without me asking. We did have a little conversation last night before we went to sleep...I had to clarify that his uniforms will be his responsibly and always his responsibility! LOL I will not iron those babies! Cause honestly, I'm horrible at ironing! : )

1 comment:

3HappyHippies said...

I too am not a uniform wife. All patches and cleaning are outsourced. I do wash them in the washer as well as PT gear when asked but other than that...its on him. His uniform, his job. Good luck and you will do brilliant. Have you checked out various ways to help A adjust to this time apart? Hopefully he will be able to call often at Tech School (or whatever ya'll call it in the Navy).