Friday, October 1, 2010

Adjustments, Phone calls, Love...

Life sure has been a ride these last few weeks, okay maybe the last few months....Hell the last few years! HA! So much has changed in the last 2 years it's insane. Moving out of our comfort zone of "home", starting a new life in a new state, my son leaving and going back home to his dad's, me losing almost 60 lbs and learning how to live a healthy lifestyle, A starting school, D leaving his profession of 12 years and joining the Navy...and the changes are not going to stop anytime soon. It's been a tough 2 years, there have been tears, doubt, depression, pride, mistakes, strength, but we have all made it through. And I honestly see so many positives in front of us. If we can make it through all we have lately we can  continue to do so as we trek along. I know we can!!

D called yesterday morning, it was a total surprised. The connection was horrible and he had to hang up and call again. He needed me to go to his recruiter and have some paperwork faxed to RTC. Paperwork they already had in his file but hey that is how the military is right? LOL We did get to exchange a few how are yous and I love yous and miss yous. That put a smile on my face. He sounded good, maybe tired. I know he's tired! This week was his first official training week. We had received our first letter from him this week too, it was more of a information form letter with his address, graduation info, etc, but at the end he was able to fill in a few lines of personal comments. It was nice to just hear something.

D and I have tons of history, a History that goes back almost 15 years, but we have been back together for almost 8 years now. The last 2 have been the hardest for us. We've made it through and I feel that we are getting stronger and stronger all the time. Being separated lately has really made me evaluate my feelings towards my husband. We often take for granted what we have when it's in our face all the time. Moods, stress, conflict overwhelm us and it can make for a rough time sometimes. In the short period of time that he's been gone already, I feel like I've fallen in love with him all over again. It may sound silly, but my heart just fills when I think of him. I am so proud of him, and it puts such a smile on my face when I do finally get to hear from him. I truly miss his smile and his hugs. I look forward to seeing him again, to hearing his voice and getting his first true letter.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

aawwweee Kris!!! The love shines through in this post!!

Bless you and your family! :)

3HappyHippies said...

And this is why I think you will be a very good military wife. The ones that take the seperation as a time to reflect and fall in love all over again are the ones that know how to make it work. This is how to survive and thrive. Im very proud of you!