Thursday, October 14, 2010

WOO HOO!!! Finally!!

Today the phone finally rang!! And it was D on the other end! We actually got to have a full 10 min conversation today. He also got to talk to A. It was so wonderful to hear his voice. I've missed it so much. He sounded happy and was even joking around with me. So far so good for graduating with his Div. I told him that I wanted to go to his grad so bad but he told me not to worry. He would rather me save that money so we can fly him home for Christmas instead!! WOO HOO!! Great News! He said his school shuts down for two weeks during that time so He will be able to come home for leave during the holidays! This is great news  cause not only is it Christmas time but it's A's Bday as well as mine! I will keep my fingers crossed that all works out in our favor. I know how these things can go!

So yesterday I got up and made some phone calls regarding my ID. I called the Naval Reserve Center first and they argued with me that he HAD to be with me. So I hung up with them and called the AFB. They knew exactly what I was talking about and we headed out to the base. It took about an hour, and with A along that was no easy feat, but she did okay for the most part. The guy who issued my ID was totally cool. He happened to be from the same town we are from in WA state. He gave me lots of info and told me to go down to tri-care to make sure we were in their system and also told me to go to the dental website to sign up vs filling out the enrollment paper. He was very helpful.

After we finished up at the office we went off to explore the BX. Not that I haven't been in one many times before, but it's been a few years. A thought it was fantastic, like a Mall! LOL we also headed over to the commissary so I can compare prices, see what kind of selection they had and check out their produce. We live about a 30 min drive from the base, so it has to be worth it for me to venture out there. I saw some great deals that told me it would be worth at least a monthly trip there, but I can do just as well with our local farmer's market when it comes to produce, etc. But I still walked out of there with 30 items and only paid $31, so that was a pretty good score in my book. Tomorrow we are headed back out there to check into the Tri-care situation.

I also talked to the recruiter again yesterday and he confirmed that yes he sent the proper paperwork to them again. D also confirmed this when I talked to him today, which was a relief to me cause I stress bout things until I know they are done! He also told me not to worry bout getting paid on the 15th it will be there. I'm such a worry wart. I just want everything to go smoothly!

So today was a great day, I sweated my butt off during a kickbutt workout, Got to talk to my mom, and a great friend, visited with another friend, went swimming, (who gets to do that in Oct? outside for that matter!) and got to talk to my hubby, and tell him how much we love him and miss him! that is truly the best! :-)
Here's a pic of our beautiful sunset here in Tucson tonight! It was a beautiful day!

No comments: