Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Life, Breaks and Letters....

It's been awhile since I've updated. I'm finding it difficult to keep up with my frequent websites these days. Unless I can manage it on my phone, I just haven't been logging in. My daughter and I are on a fall break right now, which means a week off. I'm taking full advantage of this time to relax, take care of some important things, and do a little clean out of the apt. I know we will have to move eventually and even though it's gonna be a while I know I need to start slowly weeding through things now, some serious minimizing.

I haven't received another call from D yet. I keep waiting. I assume it will come on a Sunday morning, maybe in the early morning, Idk, but I also know that no news is good news, I just miss his voice. We received a letter from D on Friday. My dad in CA and My mom is WA also received one. Looks like he is doing really well. He's in Charge of Laundry, so he's in a leadership roll and his commanders really like him, if he keeps it up, he will definitely graduate with promotion. He passed his swim qualification and claims to have passed this IFA based on his age group, yet they are saying he failed. The chief and Petty Officer are looking into it cause he was scored based on a 18 yr old not a 34 yr old. I hope it all works out for him.

He claims that I need to stay on his recruiter bout the paperwork that he called me about a few weeks ago. I'm a little confused cause I'm not sure if that means it wasn't taken care of or it was and because of the delay with mail, he just doesn't know that. I left a message at the office and plan to stop in tomorrow to check on it to make sure it was taken care of. I also have back up paperwork coming to me just in case it's needed. I stress bout stuff like this, drives me crazy. Especially when I can't confirm what is needed. The 15th is Friday, and I'm nervous as hell that our first paycheck won't show up. I'm not sure what I will do if that happens. I will be seriously screwed, cause other than a small amount of money, we have exhausted our funds. At least everything is paid up til the end of the month but still...I will keep my fingers crossed and hope that all the pieces will just fall into place. Breathe...

So tomorrow I am headed to the local base to get my ID card, I'm a little nervous bout this as it's slightly new to me. I can go to the Naval Reserve Center or the AFB, I'm not sure what the best option is and can't find any info out online bout hours or anything. I hate going into something blind!! I will just be glad when it's over and than I know what to do from there. After I get my card, A and I are going to go explore the Exchange and the Commissary. We live about 30 mins away so it will be worth exploring while we are there.

So that's bout where we are at this point. A and I just keep plugging away at life. Hoping to hear more and more about what is going on. : )

1 comment:

3HappyHippies said...

Im glad to hear D is doing so well. I expect nothing less. He is a hard and dedicated worker, this will work in his favor. He as an amazing work ethic.

I think you will enjoy having your ID card. Compare and figure out what is best for its value. Keep us posted on that paycheck. If finance did thier job proper all should be good.