Sunday, October 31, 2010

12 more days....

WOW, I haven't been very good at keeping up with this blog. I've been horribly busy, playing single mom, working, just trying to keep up with everything. It's a lot sometimes. Thankfully I'm not a stranger to playing single mom as I was one for half of my son's life. I manage, but I miss my husband horribly. We wait every week for the next letter to come, wondering when we might get to talk to him again. His graduation is set for Nov 12th. So close! So far he is on schedule. As long as the other guys in his division get their crap together there should be no problems. He's slightly frustrated with the younger guys in his div cause they can't seem to pull there heads out and work together as a team or keep their mouths shut. 

He told me that his commanding officers have nicknamed him and it's stuck. They call him Papa Smurf! To funny! He has two leadership roles there and has high probability of graduating as an E2. This is his goal and it looks like he will achieve it. I'm so proud of him. I just wish I could give him a big hug. : )

So other than pluggin away at life, There is not much else to report. I look forward to his graduation so I can communicate with him a bit more. And hopefully he will get to come home for the holidays, this is a huge hope! I'm anxious to move to the next step and discover what is next for us!

Hope everyone has a Happy Halloween!

No comments: