Monday, August 30, 2010

Waiting anxiously.....

So today I am sitting on pins and needles....D went to work today and plans on giving the big news that he is leaving on the 14th for Basic Training. His company is not a friendly one, and we suspect that he will be immediately released and sent home. We are hoping this is not the case, at least one more week of work would be extremely helpful for our situation. Otherwise we will not have a paycheck til Oct 1st, and it won't be a full check due to uniforms etc coming out during basic. This whole situation has me terrified that we won't pull through, but at the same time I am confident that while it will be tough for a few months we will prevail and get through it. During this process I applied for a job with the schools. I'm still waiting for my prints to clear so I can start work. It's not a lot of income, in fact it's very minimal but there will be no daycare costs, so at least it will be something to help pull us through. So here I am, trying to distract myself and waiting, waiting for him to walk through the door...

3 comments:

3HappyHippies said...

I think a little income with no day care expense is a good thing. It sounds positive all around. As for D's job just dropping him, is that even legal? Isnt it a business obligation to support our troops? Its not like he is simply walking out on them. That is so disappointing and I really hope they do not make the wrong decision.

Kris said...

Yes it is Illegal, but they don't really care. He sent me a message today saying that he told them and they are having him make a training video for something no one knows how to do, and they called in the next guy to come in early and the other to stay late. He believes they are going to dismiss him once he's done with the video. He did not give a 2 weeks notice, just notified them that he will be leaving for Basic on the 14th. Under USERRA they by law are not allow to retaliate.

NHGirl said...

Ugh, but they will. Corporates can be so heartless. Your hubby is doing something very honorable and beneficial for the entire country, and if it weren't for people like him, those companies couldn't run the crappy ways they do! Very ironic. Good luck with your future in the Navy- we've had 15 years in so far. It's an exciting life! :)