Sunday, August 29, 2010

Giving it a whirl...

Okay, I've blogged on other sites, but have yet to set up something to document my families journeys...so here I am, giving it a shot. Our family is getting ready to venture out on a huge life change. My husband just Joined the Navy. It's extremely exciting, overwhelming and terrifying all at the same time. He leaves in approx. 2 weeks for basic, and we will be in for a whole new adventure. I think I'm fairly prepared. I've been saving money like crazy to get us through while he is gone, cause funds will be super tight. It will be a little weird to not have him around, but I think our daughter, A, will be the one who will have the hardest time. She has never been away from her father before, so I'm not so sure she understands what is coming up. I on the other hand am an overly independent woman so while I will miss him greatly, I will be able to get through it a little better. Course, I could be fooling myself so we shall see.

2 comments:

3HappyHippies said...

I love that you started a Mil Fam blog, I have quite a few in my blog roll. You should check them out. I know there are a ton of them out there and you may find some you really click with. Married To The Military is an AF wife whos husband does the same job as J, we've talked a bit over the past 4+ years.

Documenting your journey is a fun thing. Seeing that you are not alone is also a GREAT thing. I hope this blog connects you with more MIL spouses.

And honestly, I think you will do brilliant!

KAE said...

I am currently waiting at home while my husband is at OCS (officer bootcamp). Just 10 years ago I was at home while he was at basic! So I know what you are going through, it is hard neing a single parent, But i think that it is harder on the kids! If you ever have any questions let me know, I am pretty well versed in the Navy life!